Current Special Goryeo: The Glory of Korea Special Exhibition Gallery / Dec.04.2018 - Mar.03.2019
Current Special Kazakhstan-The Cradleland of the "Golden Man" Special Exhibition Gallery (1st floor, Permanent Exhibition Hall) / Nov.27.2018 - Feb.24.2019
Current Special Black-glazed ware in Sinan shipwreck collection Sinan shipwreck Gallery / Jun.04.2018 - Jun.02.2019
Reliquary from the East Pagoda at Gameunsa Temple Site Unified Silla Period
| H. 30.2cm | Treasure No. 1359
Pensive Bodhisattva Three Kingdoms Period
┃ National Treasure No. 83
CurrentGoryeo: The Glory of Korea
- Date 2018-12-04 ~ 2019-03-03
- Location Special Exhibition Gallery
In June 1123, a group of envoys from Huizong ― the emperor of Song Dynasty of China ― arrived in Gaegyeong, the capital city of Goryeo. Xu Jing(徐兢, 1091~1153), an envoy member, described ...
CurrentKazakhstan-The Cradleland of the "Golden Man"
- Date 2018-11-27 ~ 2019-02-24
- Location Special Exhibition Gallery (1st floor, Permanent Exhibition Hall)
In collaboration with the National Museum of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the National Museum of Korea is proud to present this special exhibition, Kazakhstan, the Cradleland of the Golden...
CurrentTreasures from the SOHN Collection of Calligraphy and Painting
- Date 2018-11-22 ~ 2019-03-24
- Location Permanent Exhibition Hall, East Wing 2F, 202
Sohn Chang Kun (孫昌根 , 1929–) donated to the National Museum of Korea a total of 304 pieces in 202 discrete Korean cultural properties that he and his late father Sohn Se Ki (孫世基, 1903–198...
CurrentBlack-glazed ware in Sinan shipwreck collection
- Date 2018-06-04 ~ 2019-06-02
- Location Sinan shipwreck Gallery
Following the special exhibition Discoveries from the Sunken Ship of Sinan held in 2016 to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the discovery of the treasures kept in the sunken ship off t...
UpcomingFrom Empire to Republic
- Date 2019-02-28 ~ 2019-09-15
- Location Thematic Exhibition Gallery
From Empire to Republic: Centennial Anniversary of March 1st Independence Movement and Korea Provisional Government Preface To commemorate the Centennial Anniversary of March 1st Indep...
- Opening times
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday : 10:00 ~ 18:00
- Wednesday & Saturday : 10:00 ~ 21:00
- Sunday & Holidays : 10:00 ~ 19:00
- Temporary Closed Monday of the Permanent Exhibition Hall : April 1st and November 4th.
- Closed days January 1st, Seollal (Feb. 5, 2019), Chuseok (Sept. 13, 2019)
News and Press Releases
News and Press Releases
- Children’s Museum visitor information No Children without adults and no adults without children! The Children’s Museum enforces a general admission policy whereby we re... 2018.03.23
- 2019 Museum Network Fellowship Program Announcement 2019 Museum Network Fellowship Program PURPOSE In an effort to shed light upon Korean Studies, the National Museum of Korea offers its se... 2019.02.07